Showing all 13 results
Add value & appeal to your home with Retaining Walls and Steps.
Are you looking into building retaining walls to create a new garden bed for soil retention or to reclaim sloping land.
Whether it’s a garden bed or a load bearing wall to retain sloping land, there are some important things to consider to help you do the get the job done right the first time!
• Initially, information about the size and height of your required wall is critical before building a wall. This is important because some retaining wall products can go higher than others without reinforcement and engineering. Also, differences around maximum wall heights exist between councils. If you’re ever unsure, come by your local APC store to talk to one of our helpful retaining wall experts, as it’s important to get this right for council regulation and safety purposes!
Once we know the purpose of the wall and how high it needs to be, what’s next?
• Then it’s time to choose the colour and texture you want in your retaining wall.
At APC, we stock Adbri Masonry retaining walls and we’re a trained and Certified Adbri Gold Partner. The Adbri range is recommended as there’s a variety of different colours, sizes and textures to suit your home!
There are some important things you should consider here to help you in making the right decision.
• Is your retaining wall in an area that is highly noticeable by the public? If so, the completed look will be important, so it’s best to choose colours and textures that compliment your home.
• Would you like to build steps within the Retaining Wall? Some retaining wall blocks have more efficient systems for building steps than others. Steps made from blocks can transform unusable sloping land in to real garden features, maximising your living space.
• The next important thing to consider is, who will be the person installing the retaining wall and garden steps? Typically, your two options are DIY retaining walls or to engage a retaining wall contractor. In Adelaide retaining walls are available to inspect in APC’s retaining wall display centres.
• If you want to take the DIY challenge, APC have plenty of DIY retaining wall products. You can also check out all our handy DIY information and videos on the APC website.
• Alternatively, you can have a retaining wall contractor install the retaining wall blocks for you… To take the guesswork out of selecting a qualified and reliable retaining wall installer, we’ve developed the APC Preferred Tradie program. The friendly staff at your local APC store can help you find the right tradie who is licensed, has extensive experience with Adbri retaining wall products to ensure that you get the best possible outcome for your project. To register a quote on line, click here.